It’s that time of year again! Time to declutter, renew, throw out the old and make room for the new! When it comes to spring cleaning, a lot of us focus on tidying up the house and opening those closed winter windows for some fresh spring air. But, spring cleaning can be so much more than that.
This year try spring cleaning your fitness, nutrition and health routines. In addition to cleaning out the closet, try out a new fitness class or routine. Add some new healthy and tasty recipes to your weekly meal prep list. Try donating unused items to a local charity (trust us, it’ll do the heart good).
Check out our list below of 7 ways you can up your spring-cleaning game this year!
Spring Clean Tip #1
Take a look around you.
Do you have extra clothes and shoes lying around the house that you no longer use? Spring cleaning is all about getting rid of the old to make room for the new. It’s a great time to donate unused items to organizations that can help place them in the hands of those who need whatever the item may be.
Spring Clean Tip #2
Feeling a bit sluggish? Grump-ish? Puff-ish? It may be time to rethink your eating habits. Certain foods can add to bloating, irritability, and weight gain. Try opting for less processed foods, more whole foods, and less fast foods for a new clean eating routine that may help add some more energy to your days!
Spring Clean Tip #3
When life gives you lemons…
…use them to remove pesky water stains around faucets for a sparkly clean new look!
- Cut lemon in half.
- Rub halved lemon over stained faucets in kitchen or bathroom to remove hard water stains. The citric acid from the lemon works its magic here!
- Squeeze the unused, other half of lemon into a nice refreshing glass of water and take a sip. You deserve something refreshing after all that cleaning.
Spring Clean Tip #4
You can microwave a lemon?
- Cut lemons in half.
- Squeeze the juice into a ½ cup of water and include the rinds (just for good measure). Make sure the water, juice, and rinds have been placed into a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for three minutes. Let stand for five minutes. (The anticipation builds.)
- Trapped steam will loosen the muck and grime – without all that scrubbing!
- Simply take a paper towel and wipe down inside of the microwave with ease.
Spring Clean Tip #5
Forget grilling your onions & clean with them instead!
- Heat up your grill and spray grates down with some white vinegar to help loosen residue.
- Once the vinegar has soaked onto the grates, scrub area firmly using (you guessed it) half an onion.
- The acid from the onion helps clean leftover remnants from the grill!
But, what color onion do I use? Any will do. Behold the power of the mighty onion.
Spring Clean Tip #6
When it doubt, roll it out.
- Grab a handy dandy lint roller. Any size will do, but the larger the better.
- Roll it across dirty and dusty window screens and sliding glass door screens.
- Voila! Clean screens. Dust no more.
Spring Clean Tip #7
(Lucky number #777… maybe you should go buy a lotto ticket.)
The Dustpan to Spout Cleanliness Tip
- Not all buckets are created equal, meaning not all fit in bathtubs or sinks. If your bucket is too big, grab a dustpan.
- Place dustpan flat on the sink with the handle over your bucket.
- Turn water on and watch the water hit against the flat part of the dustpan, funnel down the handle, and into your bucket.
Happy Spring Equinox!